Terms & Conditions
Supernova Online-Access: Coming Soon
Supernova Online-Access offers your child the chance to be a part of the SN Online Kids Club which is a month-to-month membership subscription. This includes:
- Your Online-Access Subscription will begin once you have signed up and will continue until terminated.
- Your child will receive all access to exclusive SN Online feature articles, Supernova’s E–magazines and back issue E-magazines.
- To use online Supernova content, you must have Internet access and a device.
- Subscribe and Unsubscribe
- Subscribe on the ‘Subscribe to Supernova’ page on the shop.bkpublishing.co.za website. Choose your subscription, click the ‘Add to Order’ button and you will be taken to the checkout form . On the checkout form, you must fill out your details to create an account and pay to begin your subscription.
- To unsubscribe, simply log onto your account on the shop.bkpublishing.co.za website. Follow the instructions for cancellation. You can cancel your SN Online Kids Club membership at any time. However, you are still be able to purchase on the account you created.
- Prices and subscription plans may be subject to change in the future, but subscribers will be notified 30 days prior to the change.
3. Billing and cancellation
- To use the Online Access Subscription, you must provide a valid payment method. You authorise us to charge the payment method you have provided to us when you subscribed.
- You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the subscription until we have successfully charged a valid payment method.
- The subscription fee for the Online Access plan will be charged to your payment method with which you subscribed with. If you update your payment method, you authorise us to continue to charge the applicable payment method.
- You can cancel your subscription plan at any time, just log into your account and select cancel.
- To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial subscription periods or unused Supernova content.
4. Exclusive offers
- Subscribers may be offered discounted rates for BK Publishing products and services on kidsmag.co.za and shop.bkpublishing.co.za (Discounts and specials are given in the form of coupons via the newsletter. Coupons provided will be subject to expiration, and may be limited to specific products).
- Passwords and Account Access
- The member who created the SN Online Kids Club account and whose payment method is charged (the ‘Account Owner’) is responsible for any activity that occurs through the SN Online Kids Club account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the Supernova content (which would include electronic resources, including back issues , E-magazines, electronic article, and email newsletters), the Account Owner should maintain control over the device that is used to access the content and not reveal the password or details of the payment method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Supernova or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- Upon creating your account, you will receive a generated password which can be changed to your liking after you have first logged in.
6. Warranties and Limitations on Liability
- Our online content may not be uninterrupted or error-free. You waive all special, indirect and consequential damages against us. These terms will not limit any non-waivable warranties or consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the mandatory laws of South Africa.
- Customer support
- Supernova will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorisations, invoices, changes in password or payment method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during sign-up.
- You remain responsible for updating your contact details.
Collection of information we receive and store about you such as:
- The information you provide to us which includes:
your name, email address, physical address, phone number, child’s name, child’s date of birth, child’s school, child’s gender and payment method. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, when you interact with our customer service, or when you participate in surveys or marketing promotions. This also applies to information captured when you choose to provide ratings, comments or otherwise provide information to us through our products.
Your Information and Rights
- You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
- When you visit the ‘Account’ page on our website, you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your Supernova payment information. You must be signed in to access the ‘Account’ section.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honour your choices, for our check out or records purposes and to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
- Data Security
- We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, use, and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.